1510 S College Ave, Tyler, TX 75702
“Come as you are, stay as long as you can. We’re all family so no seating plan”
If you’ve never felt a since of community in Tyler, Tx, this is the place you’ll find it! Once a month Tyler Parks and Recreation sets up a screen on the stage of the amphitheater at Bergfeld Park and plays a family friendly movie.
This time we were lucky enough to catch The Minions Movie, that Abigayle and Seri love!
There is always a banner hanging up with the movie, date, and time like this one..
The Beautiful Playground
If you have time, it’s easy to make a whole night of it!
- Two jungle gyms (1 for older kids, 1 for younger kids)
- Two netted merry-go-rounds (1 for older kids, 1 for younger kids)
- One classic merry-go-round
- Monkey Bars
- Reflex, which is a great sensory playground toy.
- Several swings for babies and older children (and adults, haha)
- Slides built into the ground
I’m telling you, it’s just awesome…
Here’s a little list of helpful items to bring:
- Drinks (however we were lucky and they passed out drinks for FREE)
- Lawn chairs (if you prefer over bleacher seats)
- Bug spray (Bc let’s face it, it’s East Texas)
- A toy incase of boredom
- Hand sanitizer (there isn’t any soap in the bathrooms)
**donations accepted, but we never saw a place to donate…**
We set up camp in the very back of the theater and could see the screen and hear just fine! We had to rearrange the girls a bit because of their vertical challenges, but honestly there isn’t a bad seat in the house!
They even made a new friend! Like I said, the since of community was so strong. What a nice feeling to have a fun, free night with your friends & family. You can forget your worries for a couple hours & relax (unless you’re Lili who brought her homework 😂). I would even go as far as saying PJs are definitely acceptable! Just don’t wear slippers in case you have to hike it to the bathroom!
We would definitely recommend enjoying a movie a the park!
The next one is scheduled for:
Saturday, May 14th
Movie: Inside Out
We may see you there 🙂
All our love,