Tyler Junior College’s Dancefest, Featuring
Tickets: $10 Adults, $5 Children (12 & under) & TJC students
Final Showtime: Sunday, April 23rd, 2:00 PM
These adorable cuties were SO excited to go see a REAL princess, Snow White! This show is a full-length, contemporary production of the classic fairytale, “Snow White.” The production is part of TJC’s Arts Festival, a month-long celebration of exhibits and performances by TJC students, faculty and staff.
Let me be the first to admit, I am partial to plays and not much for a show with no words. BUT after this I felt the same emotions that Julia Roberts felt seeing her first Opera in Pretty Woman. It was AWESOME an engaging and we all absolutely loved it!
The show lasts about an hour and a half and has a 15 minute intermission for bathroom breaks! Or in our case….
…..the girls to show off their dance moves they learned by the amazing performers! They both thought that the intermission was the end, and were ecstatic to learn that it was only a break!
Once the show is over, you have the option to buy “picture tickets” for $5 a piece to take pictures with the cast. There was NO WAY I was getting away with not letting them meet Snow White & the hilarious dwarfs!
The characters were all so sweet, kind, engaging and really made the girls feel very very special. Each one asked how the girls enjoyed the performance and what their names where and let them chat for a second or two!
You also got to take pictures if you purchased a book ($10) or doll ($20).
The concession stand offered candy apples, cupcakes, shirts, and more!
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- Tickets go on sale 1 hour before the performance
- I recommend bringing cash (I had to write a check for tickets)
- They do accept debit cards at the concession stand, but cash is just easier.
- Stay for pictures
- No flash photography during performance
- Use the restroom before, during intermission or afterwards
- The show is at Wise Auditorium
- This is part of a month long celebration, so look for more events!
- Check for more performing arts: https://www.tjc.edu/performingarts
All our love,